Cape Coral, Florida resident, Billy Wilson claims he bit into a “snaggletoothed” rat’s head while eating chili at the popular restaurant chain Golden Corral. Wilson said “The first bite I took out of it was a crunch, and at the time I was like, maybe you know, sometimes you get a hard bean inside of the chili.”
When Wilson spat out the weird “crunch” he quickly realized it was a rat’s head. AND not just any rat’s head mind you. A rat’s head with a snaggletooth!
“When I saw it, I just went into the bathroom and threw up. I was like, ugh, I just couldn’t get the taste out of my mouth,” said Wilson. He added, “It was just nasty.”
The restaurant comped his party’s meal, but the next day he felt queasy and went to the emergency room at Cape Coral Hospital. He said, “I brought the rat up to the ER and they were all horrified, they couldn’t believe it.”
Discharge documents show that Wilson was treated for Gastroenteritis and was prescribed medications for nausea and muscle spasms.
When asked if he planted the rat’s head in the chili, Wilson said, “I would never do that. They have cameras in there and everything. I’m scared of rats.”
Golden Corral is looking into the “rat’s head in the chili incident” and says they’ve been unable to confirm the alleged head but insist they’re “committed to delivering a high quality experience in a clean and safe environment.”
Wilson, naturally, hired an attorney. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how this all plays out.