While the fallout from yesterday’s Senate race in Massachusetts sends Democrats scrambling to save health care, here’s the Daily Kos’ Laura Clawson with 6 Shocking Discoveries about yesterday’s victor, Scott Brown (beyond his above posing for Playgirl in ‘82):
The campaign against Scott Brown has effectively been 10 days long. Ten days is not a long time, but in that time we’ve learned a lot about Brown.
1. Scott Brown suggested on television that President Obama was born out of wedlock, then tried to claim that Martha Coakley was making things up when her campaign called attention to it.
2. Scott Brown voted against aid to 9/11 recovery workers because it was too expensive, while at the same time he was trying to fund a golf course in his district and give tax subsidies to corporations.
3. Scott Brown tried to deny emergency contraception to rape victims. When he was called on it, he tried to deny the truth, then hid behind his daughters.
5. Scott Brown opposes a fee to get back bailout money from the biggest banks.
6. Scott Brown supports a constitutional ban on gay marriage and thinks two women raising a child is “just not normal.”
That’s a lot to take in in 10 days. Imagine if there had been a longer campaign in which these stories emerged more gradually so voters had time to absorb them fully. Now imagine what else we’ll know about Scott Brown in 10 more days.
President Obama’s thoughts on passing health care in relation to Senator-elect Brown:
See also: Dazed Dems Rethink Entire Strategy