Like so many of us these days, Megan Williams, 10, was just dancing around with a dressing gown cord while listening to Lady Gaga. Tragedy struck when Megan looped the cord around her neck:
The cord, which was tied to a bunk bed, tightened as she danced around and strangled her to death. The alarm was raised when her 15-year old brother ran downstairs to their mother Lisa saying: ‘Megan’s hanged herself.’ Mrs Williams tried to revive her daughter using tips she had seen on television but the schoolgirl died later in hospital.
A coroner later said the accident graphically illustrated the dangers of children playing around with cords. Cords and Lady Gaga, that is. Your move, Vigilant Citizen!