1. Vampire Kyuradorosu. 2. Pollution monster Kashuasu.
File under: “things I wish I’d have known in school.”
This pack of Japanese playing cards features a selection of pachimon kaiju or “imitation monsters” lifted from various hit TV shows and movies. These monsters range from fire-breathing gorillas to flying creatures from outer space and giant electrocuting humanoids. The set was apparently manufactured as a promotional pack for kids by a Japanese brand of mayonnaise called Kewpie.
I’d have surely eaten my egg-mayo sandwiches without complaint if I’d been dealt a hand of these fun little beauties.
3. Ice monster Gohoho. 4. Creature form outer space Altamegaro.
5. Pesticide monster Deredoron. 6. Ancient dinosaur Tapikurosaurus.
7. Elekipurosu—a giant electrocuting humanoid. 8. Meji—an extraterrestrial wolf who can fly.
9. Eru and 10. Puradon are both monsters from outer space.
J. Mambaa—a giant terrifying fish creature. Q. Oapiaa—an undead mummy.
K. Alien Achiira from outer space. 1. Methanoron—evil smog and pollution monster.
2. Buranpiitaa—flying robot. 3. Aurororas—ancient fire-breathing dragon from the North Pole.
4. Andromeropius—alien from the planet Sparta. 5. Peroggaa—dinosaur with a hellishly adhesive tongue.
6. Goroboasu—giant football playing beast from New York. 7. Vacuuma—a powerful vacuum monster.
8. Metrokabayan—giant eel from another planet. 9. Tibetron—yeti.
10. Aamu—uses radio waves to destroy buildings and humans. J. Jiradon—an Alpine dragon.
Q. Kimu—alien from the Methane Nebula. K. Alien Carter from the Carter nebula.
1. Oxydron—a pollution monster from Tokyo. 2. Heater—uses body heat to burn things.
3. Jeunesse—faster than a speeding bullet. 4. Spater—weird bird-type beast from the Jupiter nebula.
5. Begovia—another thing from outer space. 6. Orix—meteor monster.
7. Kabisantaa—icky bacteria beast from China. 8. Peshura—super mouse from the planet Corona.
9. Chiipaa—invisible giant from Europe. 10. H—hydrogen demon.
J.—giant bug from the tropics. Q. Meromeron—born from a comet.
K. Alien Morris—from the Morris meteor. 1. Smogger—pollution spreading monster.
2. Uradon—radiation creature from the depths of the sea. 3. Computron—giant robot from Tokyo.
4. Gurora from the planet Beta. 5. Perebon from the planet Saturn.
6. Menakujira—soft bodied alien. 7. Pla-king—plastic man from Kanagawa prefecture.
8. Okusu—giant fire-breathing gorilla from the planet Claude. 9. Betarasu—weird creature from the fifth dimension.
10. Buruburu—snow beast from Kilimanjaro. J. Glamingo—bird creature from Alaska.
Q. Pira—solar monster from somewhere near the Sun. K. Alien Iron from the planet Sigma.
And don’t forget the Joker.
Previously on Dangerous Minds:
Wonderful Japanese kaiju playing cards.
Via Pink Tentacle.